Volunteers play a vital role in your parks and at Outer Banks Forever. Thank you for giving your time to help us protect these special places!
Current Volunteer Needs:
Beach Cleanup, Saturday April 13th: Help your park and our friends at the North Carolina Beach Buggy Association as we cleanup our beaches! Park staff will be at the following sites:
- Coquina Beach on Bodie Island
- Old Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Site on Hatteras Island
- Day Use Area on Ocracoke Island
For more information and to RSVP contact Jessica Green at email@example.com or (252) 423-4545.
Outer Banks Forever
If you’re interested in volunteering with us, please contact Jessica Green at (252) 423-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office volunteers: Help is needed in our office (located at Wright Brothers National Memorial) with projects like data entry and sending thank you letters.
- Event volunteers: We have several events we are participating in this year. Volunteers are needed to help plan, promote, and staff our table at events in the parks and in the community.
- Photographers: We’re looking for local photographers to help us build a bank of great visitor photos to use online and in our print materials. You can donate use of current photos or help us by volunteering at events. Your photo credit will be used on all online and print uses of your photos.
To sign up for volunteer opportunities at the parks, use the links below.
Cape Hatteras National Seashore:
- Campground Host – Fee Collection
- Lighthouse Assistant
- Visitor Center Museum/Lighthouse Volunteer
- Ocracoke Lighthouse Assistant
- Crabbing Program Volunteer – Ocracoke
- Birding Volunteer – Ocracoke
- Cast Netting Program Volunteer – Ocracoke
Fort Raleigh National Historic Site:
Wright Brothers National Memorial: